Eralfast "The Crossroads"
Once a pivitol race in most world affairs, Elves are becoming increasingly rare on Eralfast. There are many types of Elves in the world of Eralfast and even among the various racial types there are still sub-catagories of tribes, realms, kingdoms, etc… that must be considered. All elves should be identified by the PC to signify their ‘race’ and their ‘tribe.’ (For example: Avylindar is a Drow Elf (race) from Sinev Deep (tribe).) This doesn’t mean the character’s backstory is set at his point of origin but certain cultural traditions, traits, languages, etc… will be determined by indicating type and tribe. The subcatagories are listed below.
- All Elves automatically (free) speak Elvish common tongue ‘Findar’ (With the exception of the Drow and Snow Elves who speak their own seperate ‘common’ Elvish.) More on Elvish Language
- All Elves are immortal beings – they cannot be reduced to undead nor brought back to life.
- All Elves do not require mortal sleep. Study and meditation rules for spell casters apply but Elves are awake at all times even in repose/prayer/study. Elves do require rest when fatigued and/or if wounded, but they do not sleep.
- Elves are immune to sleep spells, potions, or other sleep related natural or magical effects.
- See normal race notes for other bonuses … follow current rule system or you may find the Pathfinder templates (PCR page: 22) useful as a guide.
Death of Corrilian
The death of Corrilian the major godhead of most surface elvish religious has been deeply scaring of the general Elvish psyche on the world. While worshipped primarily by High elves, Corrilian was still considered a master or creator god of most Elvish faiths. The entire Elvish world (with the exception of the Drow, Snow & Sylvan/Wild) are greiving this terrible loss. This death event only recently happened from the time these words were scribed (about 30 days ago) so the Elves are still adapting. Other elf friendly dieties and lessor or minor elvish gods have attempted to ‘fill the gap’ offering comfort, protection, healing and other clerical spell powers. The effect of this event has yet to fully resonate among the Elves. They are understandably very upset and general confidence has been challenged due to this tragedy. Elves are a proud species and expected to ‘bounce back’ but a general despair and paranoia can be found in some circles (esp. High Elven areas.) It is also true that many have simply left the World of Eralfast and returned to Alfheim; others are preparing to follow. It is also true that many are dead as result of the war.
Return to Race Notes